Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanks Giving

Thanksgiving has past and now there is this tiny gap until Christmas where I can relax and not prepare for something. To be honest, having something to prepare for was quite enjoyable because I planned things out and made lists and followed the plan - and didn't stress.

I really enjoyed decorating my Thanksgiving dinner tables (this was my first year as hostess). Hosting a dinner gave my daily life purpose where it has been sorely lacking since I became unemployed.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to spend it with everyone I wanted to. But my family was there in spirit: the tablecloths my aunt made and the pumpkin bread I baked with my mom, for example. I am thankful for my family because they've always provided a strong foundation in matters of celebration (and style!). And although our traditions have changed a lot in the past few years, I feel so fortunate to have experienced them at all.

Here's to keeping traditions alive in our heart as the future will inevitably bring change.

Cheers and Sláinte

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

And in giving Thanks: Thanks to all who have said Thank you today; Blessing to all those who have blessed this world with humility; Cheers to those who spread good cheer through warm wishes; Peace to those who live peacefully, mindfully, greatfully; And, triumph to all those who are willing to stand up for what is right without causing harm. In the midst of the Holidays may your heart be filled with warmth and humor.