Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tidbits - Job Search

I think I'm going to try to just post short random thoughts on here for a while, just to generate content and to keep up with writing.

First random thought:

Changing careers is really hard. It seems like I'm way under qualified or over qualified for every job that is local to me.  Oh and my favorite so far are those listings that go like this:

Company Name
Job Title

Education level required: High School diploma or equivalent.

Experience required: Must have 2 years experience doing all the tasks that we need you to do, if we hire you.
--------

I mean, come on! Really?  On the one hand, I should be able to do this job right after high school, but on the other hand you want me to (basically) have already worked at your company for 2 years.

I GUARANTEE that I could do just about any task I needed to for a typical office job with little or no training, yet I haven't actually worked in an "office" so I sound like an idiot in my interviews.

Head. Desk.

No comments: